Norwich, Norfolk – competitive market rate salary and benefits.
Maternity cover contract commencing on 4th June 2018 for a period anticipated to be 12-15 months. Working hours are 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Full time applicants preferred, although applications would be considered from part-time applicants provided they can be flexible to work full time and additional hours during the Royal Norfolk Show period.
We have a very rare opportunity to join the Royal Norfolk Agricultural Association (RNAA), a charity established in 1847, whose main purpose is to promote and encourage the understanding of, and improvement in, agriculture, food and farming. Best known for the annual Royal Norfolk Show, the RNAA is one of the UK’s leading agricultural associations. In addition to organising its Shows, representing the interests of some 3500 members and running a major venue and events business, the RNAA plays a central role in supporting agriculture both regionally and nationally. In 2018, it took over the secretariat responsibilities for the Royal Agricultural Society of the Commonwealth.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, this unique, varied and important role involves supporting senior management and managing the RNAA office on a day to day basis. Responsibilities include:
- Managing all aspects of correspondence, diary and travel for the Chief Executive;
- Executive support of all aspects of governance, including arranging and minute taking at Trustee board meetings;
- Dealing with the administration of the other Trustee sub-committees, the RNAA Council and meetings of members, including the AGM;
- Management of all RNAA membership administration, including new members, renewals and payments, member communications;
- Managing the RNAA volunteer steward database, coordinating and administering steward support to events throughout the year;
- Manage the RNAA office, ensuring reception cover, visitor management and front-of-house support on Royal Norfolk Show days;
- Assisting in the administration of the Royal Norfolk Show in supporting ticket sales, memberships and pre-Show planning meetings;
- Providing administrative support to the RASC (The Royal Agricultural Society of the Commonwealth) and acting as the first point of contact for the Hon. Secretary and members;
- Any other duties commensurate with the experience and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
- Additional specific responsibilities during the Royal Norfolk Show and other significant events in the calendar, such as the management of VIP visits, aspects of the President’s programme and the pre-Show dinner;
- There may also be opportunities to take on project responsibility to oversee elements of the Show or other events from time to time. Some travel (occasionally overseas) may be required.
This role requires a confident, discreet and well organised individual with a flexible, can-do attitude to manage all aspects of this busy and high-profile role which is vital to the smooth running of the RNAA, its office and key events.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record as an experienced PA to a senior executive, skilled at working on multiple projects and activities simultaneously, while maintaining an excellent level of service to a very diverse group of internal and external customers. They will possess well-honed interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, at all levels.
Based in a rural setting at the Norfolk Showground on the outskirts of Norwich, the RNAA provides a supportive and flexible working environment built on a collaborative approach and ethos.
Interested? Please email a short letter outlining why you feel you may be suitable for this role, together with your current CV and an indication of salary expectations.
The closing date for applications is Friday 23 March 2018.
Interviews will be held at the Norfolk Showground on Thursday 5 or Friday 6 April 2018 – please indicate your availability.
Applications should be sent in confidence directly to the Chief Executive, Greg Smith,mailto:email@example.com to whom any questions should also be addressed.
The Royal Norfolk Agricultural Association is an equal opportunities employer.
No agency candidates will be considered. Direct applications only please. Further information about the RNAA can be found at www.rnaa.org.uk