Deputy Chief Executive and Show Director
Royal Norfolk Agricultural Association
The Royal Norfolk Agricultural Association (RNAA) is a well established and successful charity. Its main purpose is to promote and encourage understanding and improvement in agriculture and farming. The annual Royal Norfolk Show is the most popular and high-profile event organised by the RNAA is widely regarded as one of the best shows in the country.
The Association also runs a range of other events and activities in support of its charitable objectives and operates the Norfolk Showground, a major regional venue and successful, fast-growing, event management business. The RNAA works with many other groups and organisations and is supported by 3,500 members. All this is sustained by enabling businesses that use the assets and resources of the Association.
Reporting to, and working closely with, the CEO, the Deputy Chief Executive is a senior member of the team, primarily responsible for the management, coordination and delivery of the Royal Norfolk Show and other commercial activities and programmes throughout the year. The main responsibilities of this role are to:
- Provide leadership to, and oversee the planning and execution of, the Royal Norfolk Show
- Organise, implement and coordinate programmes of activity and events
- Lead the commercial function, including direct sales of trade stand space, sponsorship and advertising for the Royal Norfolk Show and other RNAA events
- Understand, and have a deep interest in, food, farming and the countryside and strong affinity with the RNAA’s ethos and purpose
- Provide a strong day-to-day leadership presence for staff, in support of the CEO, and coordinate resources/staff effort
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on Monday 26 November 2018
Interviews to take place week commencing 10 December 2018
The Royal Norfolk Agricultural Association is an equal opportunities employer.
No agency candidates will be considered. Direct applications only please.